150 Susans Lane, Percydale
- 3 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- Approx 121.281 Hectares
Approx. 300 Acres of olive groves and vineyards. Stunning and picturesque with architecturally designed 3BR 3BTH Homestead nestled into the landscape
YOUR TREE CHANGE AWAITS – PERCYDALE ESTATE - OLIVE GROVE & VINEYARD
An opportunity is available to secure an attractive rural property of approximately 120 hectares (~300 acres) with an established olive grove and vineyard, located at the foothills of the beautiful Pyrenees Ranges in Central Victoria.
The property is located just off the Sunraysia Highway between the townships of Avoca and Moonambel, centrally positioned within the famed Pyrenees wine region with neighboring properties undertaking viticulture, olive growing, sheep grazing and cropping.
The property is a good mix of olive grove and grape vine plantings with several pockets of native bush, small areas of open grazing, scattered native tree clusters, a small intermittent water course and pleasant rural views over gentle undulating country towards the Pyrenees Ranges and beyond.
The sale will be conducted via Expressions of Interest (EOI), where offers to purchase will be invited over a six week period 5pm on 8th September 2020. If an acceptable offer is not found by the Vendors, the property may be placed on the market as a Private Sale or a further EOI process may be initiated.
Key points for forthcoming sale
The sale will include:
• 120.74Ha of freehold land,
• Widespread plantings of >10,000 Shiraz vines and >13,000 Olive trees planted between 2002-08,
• Extensive water storage capacity of over 120 million litres (spread across multiple dams), Total site for water storage capacity is circa 120 meg spread mainly across the main dam (~80 meg),
vineyard dam (~20 meg) and NW dam (~10 meg) which are connected to the irrigation system. With the remaining 10 meg spread across 4-5 much smaller dams across the property.
All dams are fed via property rainfall and run off from the adjacent Pyrenees Ranges.
Power feed to the irrigation system pumps and the main machinery area is by a large diesel generator and power feed to the homestead is a small portable diesel generator .
• Comprehensive irrigation system (including pumping and valve stations),
• Purpose built 3 bedroom redbrick homestead (fully furnished), constructed in 2008,
• All farm machinery, plant & equipment currently used to operate the property,
• All existing outbuildings including; portable huts, shipping containers, machinery sheds, etc.,
Brief Development History
The property had previously been utilized for grazing and was purchased by the Vendors in 1998.
Initial infrastructure developments between 1998 and 2002 included establishing additional water storage of >120 megalitres (multiple dams), extensive irrigation facilities (to each olive tree and vine) and significant machinery, plant and equipment laydown, and storage facilities.
Additional access roads were also created (in excess of 5kms of internal roads) generally of an all-weather standard of compacted crushed rock.
Plantings of olive trees and grape vines commenced in 2002 and were progressively undertaken until completion in 2008 which included trellising and the like.
The house site was selected and building commenced in 2007 and was completed in 2008.
The property is situated in the Pyrenees Region of Victoria, Australia. The region is renowned for the production of high quality red wine with over 40 vineyards (including 27 wineries) and several small olive groves within a 30 km radius.
The property is 180 kms north-west of Victoria’s capital, Melbourne and about the same distance from Melbourne International Airport.
The closest town to the property is Avoca which is 10 kms to the south. Situated at the foot of the Pyrenees Ranges, the property derives its water from the range.
Approximately 60Ha of the property has been allocated plantings:
• ~54Ha of Tuscan variety olive tree plantings (~130acres), and
• ~ 6Ha Shiraz vine plantings (~15acres).
Of the remaining 60Ha, approximate land usage is as follows:
• ~ 25Ha of native bushland (~60 acres),
• ~ 10Ha of internal roads, corridors and verges (~25 acres),
• ~ 10Ha of open space and pasture (~25 acres),
• ~ 10Ha of water storage and associated infrastructure area (~25 acres),
• ~ 4Ha of farm laydown, machinery parking, equipment storage, shedding, etc. (~10 acres), and
• ~ 1Ha of homestead and adjacent area (~2 acres)
The house was built in 2008 and comprises 3 bedrooms (with 3 en-suite bathrooms and robes), large open plan kitchen, living and dining area (with large OFP), laundry (with WC), extensive verandas, decking, outside BBQ area and a small cellar.
a) Olive Groves
• 2,486 trees planted in 2002 Frantoio with Picual pollinators 7:1 Ratio
• 3,050 trees planted in 2003 Barnea with Pendolino pollinators 7:1 Ratio
• 2,048 trees planted in 2004 Laccino with Frantoio pollinators 7:1 Ratio
• 9,504 trees planted in 2007 Picual with Frantoio pollinators 7:1 Ratio
• 438 trees planted in 2008 Frantoio with Picual pollinators 7:1 Ratio
b) Shiraz Vines
All vines are high quality shiraz numbering approximately 10,000 and planted between 2002 – 2008.
Developers Take Note There is an opportunity to redevelop STCA Some preliminary work has been developed in relation to this with the potential of :
3 Allotments (potential to boost your superannuation)
• 100 acre farm (blue) with commercial vineyard (shiraz), sheep yards/shelters and hobby olive grove (Frantioa) with large 3 bedroom homestead, two dams, machinery shedding and fencing
• 100 acre farm (green) with commercial olive grove (Frantioa) with ideal home sites, parcel of native bush, good internal roads and fencing
• 100 acre farm (yellow) with hobby olive grove (Frantioa) with extensive dams, internal roads, fencing and ideal home sites
Call Colette an agent that works weekends on 0488052155
Estimated monthly repayments based on properties like this.
Interest Rate (p.a)